Our Story

We're kicking things off with a little Friday Introduction. Hi, I'm Lauren, founder of Gather Well Events. While we formally started this little business almost a year ago, the seeds were planted when I was a small four year old flower girl. I fell in love with weddings. And parties. Really any excuse to Gather Well.

While my childhood predated Pinterest, my mom created birthday parties that were just as (if not more than) dreamy. The feelings of excitement, love, magic, and whimsy she brought out in parties she hosts brings me inspiration in my own event planning. 

I've always wanted to be a mom and a teacher, both goals I've achieved (we have three awesome kids and I'm a very-part-time teacher librarian). And it was probably no secret I also thought about professional event planning. In college I took event planning coursework while completing my Communication degree and teaching certification (I thrive staying busy). And I hosted parties and events pretty much any chance I got.

I adored planning our own wedding ten years ago. We were going for simple-but-elegant, gentle on the earth, fun, magical, and memorable. We hired a day-of coordinator to take over the reigns two weeks prior to the big day and it was the best decision. I could relax and enjoy the day as much as I had loved planning it.

A year and a half ago some friends asked me to officiate and assist with their small ceremony while my husband played guitar. About six months later, some family friends asked me to help with their wedding. I didn't want the fun of planning and coordinating weddings to stop, so voila! Gather Well Events was born!  

We don't solely plan and coordinate weddings. We also offer event planning for birthdays, showers, life celebrations, and more. Follow along for some magic and fun in my corner of the event planning world! 

Alexandra Knight Photography 
Lauren, age 4
Alexandra Knight Photography 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sustainability & Weddings

Emergency Kit for the Emergency Kit