Emergency Kit for the Emergency Kit

For every event I pack my first aid kit, sewing kit, toolkit, bin-of-all-the-things kit (a wedding planner's emergency kit), and then an extra pouch-of-all-the-things kit; the "emergency kit for my emergency kit." In here, I keep my most-used/requested items during events. Because guess who clients, guests, and other vendors look for in a pinch? Me! Are you ready for my best-kept emergency go-to's?

1. Scissors and twine. They help MacGyver everything from hanging items to hemming items to fixing broken parts.
2. Safety pins. They fix so many issues with clothes, drapes, flowers, and hard-to-grab splinters.
3. Bobby pins. To fix the fly aways.
4. Hand sanitizer. Germs are everywhere.
5. Tissues. They literally wipe away everything from tears to snot to runny mascara.
6. Tampons. Because life.
7. Mints and floss. I've got you covered!
8. Mini sewing kit. While I have a larger sewing kit, mini ones are nice to hand out for thise ripped flower dress hems or broken button.
9. Lighter. For candles, heat lamps, or the Father of Groom's Cuban cigar. 
10. Tape. See #1. I have four different types at any given time. 

Aside from bandaids do you know the most requested items from my designated first aid kit? Tweezers! They've been used to get a tick out of a child's head, remove splinters, and tiny crumbs from hard-to-grab places. 

When you hire an event planner or day-of-coordinator, you get organization, hype person, plus all of the things! Win-win-win. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sustainability & Weddings